View Black in America: Touch the Sky, and then craft a critical essay using the questions
below to guide your writing.
Remember to answer each question fully, providing details and rich explanations of your views. Please
carefully proofread your essay before submitting.
The essay you submit should be about 1000-1500 words (Times New Roman or Arial, 12 pt. font, double
space, standard margins, APA or ASA format), and must incorporate relevant concepts and theories
from your Inequality Reader.
Refer to specific authors, specific readings, and specific concepts from the assigned readings in this unit.
Don’t forget to use intext citations and create a references page. Please note that the Grusky and Hill
book is an edited volume. You should cite and reference the authors of the chapters, rather than the
editors of the volume.
Please number your responses and organize your essay into paragraphs.
Pay attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Submit your essay via Blackboard before 11.59 pm on Sunday, November 20.
Late assignments will not be accepted. That is, you will receive no credit for assignments submitted
after midnight on Sunday, November 20.
Evaluation Criteria: Projects will be evaluated using the following criteria:
Following directions and completeness (25%);
Incorporation of relevant concepts and theories (25%);
Critical thought (25%);
Grammar, spelling, and punctuation (25%).
Response to Black in America: Touch the Sky
1) Using a maximum of two sentences, state the main idea or the thesis driving this documentary.
2) Briefly summarize the documentary. What evidence is used to support the theories/arguments put forth? In other words, discuss the arguments put forth using the language and main concepts from the documentary. Explain with specific examples.
3) How did the documentary relate to material covered in the class? Explain how the ideas from the documentary connect to ideas and theories that we’ve discussed so far. Be sure you make specific references to authors, concepts, and theories from our readings, citing the chapters you discuss. You must incorporate at least 5 of the assigned chapters from the unit.
4) Did you appreciate the documentary? Hate it? Explain. Here is your chance to vent (or let me know that this is the best thing you’ve ever watched)! Tell me why you think this is a masterpiece or disaster. Did the filmmaker make points that you agree with? Disagree with?
5) Write three discussion questions about this documentary. What would you like to ask the filmmaker? Do you have any questions for any of the people in the documentary?
Answer & Explanation
Solved by an expert writer
Looking for a similar assignment? We have done this question before, We can also do it for you. Get 100% original papers written from Scratch. Order Now.
I hope I can get this same writer to complete the rough draft and final powerpoint as soon as the teacher posts her instructions. This part was great! Thank you so much.
This is exactly what I needed and the confidence that I am heading in the right direction to finish the assignment. Thank you so much.